- Physical Dimensions. Critical dimensions are to be specified :
- 1) from the nose of the tip to the locking ball groove,
- 2) from the locking ball groove to the shoulder where the hex begins,
- 3) diameter of the nose portion, and
- 4) valve location in both open and closed position.
- Valve Spring Force. The force required to push the valve to the flush position is not to exceed 10 lbs.
- Maximum Pressure Drop. The pressure drop at a flow of 16 GPM is not to exceed 25 PSI.
- Rated Working and Burst Pressure. The rated working pressure must be a minimum of 3000 PSI. The burst pressure must be a minimum of 10,800 PSI.
All standards are established around male tips.
Female bodies should be designed to accept an industry standard male tip. All Pioneer female bodies having ½" body size designed for agricultural use will accept such a standard male tip.